8u, 9u August 1-2 6-8pm
11u/12u July 25-26 6-8pm
Cherry Tree Softball Complex
2022-2023 Pups Travel Softball Fall Tryouts
The Carmel Dads’ Club invites players to try out for a potential placement on our 8u, 9u or 11/12u travel softball teams. The Pups Softball program offers an opportunity for players to improve their softball development through a competitive travel program. Advantages of the Pups program include:
· Interaction with CHS coaching staff and current high school players
· Local indoor / outdoor facilities right in Carmel
· Balanced travel requirements – most tournaments within 90 minutes of Carmel
· More opportunity to play other sports
More details on the various programs are below:
8u – born in 2014 or later
· Designed to be a light introduction to travel with focus on pitching development
· Conducted in combination with the Carmel Dad’s Club rec program with 1 extra practice / week in the Fall and Spring
· Planning 1 tournament in the Spring and 2/3 tournaments in the Summer (once rec has finished)
· Must do Spring rec softball (Fall rec encouraged)
· Program designed to “launch” travel ready 9u teams
9u – born in 2013 or later
· Dedicated travel program with lighter tournament commitment – targeting 6 tournaments in the Spring / Summer
· Can play Fall rec but will participate in full Pups program in the Spring
11u or 12u (depending on player interest) – born in 2010 or later
· Full Pups program targeting 8-10 tournaments
· Practices run year-round with a short break in November / December to allow players to play winter sports
10u – Born in 2012 or later
· Seeking player / coach interest; no tryouts yet until coach identified
· If interested in coaching, please reach out to Eric and Amanda Derheimer at [email protected]
11u/12u tryouts will be held July 25-26th from 6-8 pm at the Cherry Tree Softball Complex. 8u/9u tryouts will be held August 1-2nd from 6-8 pm. Players will be evaluated by CHS Softball coaching staff on fundamental skills including fielding, catching, throwing, base running and hitting. Please bring a bat, glove, helmet and face guard to the tryout. Cleats may be worn but are not required. Pitchers and catcher positions will be evaluated if interested. Catching gear is available for use.
To register, go to www.carmeldadsclub.org and click on the Travel Softball tab. You may also log into your account and register for Pups Softball Tryouts. Tryout fees will be refunded for players that do not make the team. Registration opens July 5st and closes Friday, July 22nd.
The Pups Softball program focuses on developing skilled players who work hard, play hard and have fun together. We’d love to see you there!
Questions? New commissioners Eric and Amanda Derheimer would love to hear from you at [email protected].